"CARPE DIEM" il forum degli appassionati by Carp Fishing Italia - Etang Du Soliel

"CARPE DIEM" il forum degli appassionati by Carp Fishing Italia
[ Home | Registrati | Discussioni Attive | Discussioni Recenti | Segnalibro | Msg privati | Sondaggi Attivi | Utenti | Download | Cerca | FAQ ]
Ultime novità: Chi si è iscritto per la seconda volta è pregato di comunicare il vecchio nick non più in uso
Nome Utente:
Password:
Salva Password
Password Dimenticata?

Tutti i Forum
 Generale
 Etang Du Soliel
 Nuova Discussione  Rispondi
 Versione Stampabile Bookmark this Topic Aggiungi Segnalibro
I seguenti utenti stanno leggendo questo Forum Qui c'è:
Autore Discussione Precedente Discussione Discussione Successiva  

Bammer
nuovo ospite

Regione: Piemonte
Prov.: Alessandria
Città: Cambridge

4 Messaggi

Inserito il - 29/06/2010 : 13:02:59  Mostra Profilo Invia a Bammer un Messaggio Privato  Rispondi Quotando
I thought you may like to read and see photo's of a recent trip I had to France, near Limoges.

[size=18]Well what a trip it turned out to be,

We set off from Cambridge at 10pm Friday night 28th May; our aim was to get past Paris before the traffic built up. This was a big mistake. We got past Paris at about 6am French time, the traffic was already busy but no hold ups, the mistake we made started to take effect. Bondie and me were knackered ... no sleep, both of us had had the pre trip sleepless night Thursday and now it was catching up fast. I took over driving for a bit, and then we swapped and then swapped again and again, just couldn’t keep our eyes open. We eventually arrived at the lake around 11:30am, been on the road for over 12 hours ...... not good.

The set up at Etang Du Soliel is an odd one, it’s basically a triangle with houses on 2 sides and the swims dotted in between them, we had the side without the houses, but we had the cows.
Our Neighbours

We had to barrow the gear to our swims, which meant we chose the closest to the motor, in hindsight this was not a good move for Joe and me. The weather was broken sunshine but this didn’t last long. After setting up all the gear we had a marker around. There were plenty of H blocks to use (these proved to be a magnet for Joe who landed 8 of them by the end of the week).
Now the first problem we had was the boats used to get the bait out, Bondie walked round to peg 4 and got one, bloody hell it was small and no way was I getting in that, anyhow, at dinner we got a better twin skinned boat.

So I get in, sit on the seat, it’s pissing down now, and the bloody seat collapses, smash my back neck and head, not F*****g impressed I try again and it happens again. Now I’ve got the hump, bloody boat is full of water and I’m soaked, Joe is cracking up on the bank which doesn’t help, so I’m on my knees and the bleeding oars keep coming out of the oar locks ... bloody nightmare and I’m soaked. Bait out, rods out and time to change and dry off.

Bondie did manage a 17lb Mirror on the 1st day

Nothing happens the first night except rain.

30th May. Next morning we have a hearty breakfast and back to setting the rods out for the day. We fight with the boats and seats and rain again. During a break in the rain Joe wanders off and snaps one of the Coypu, nasty looking ratty things that love to swim in front of your peg and set the alarms off.
Joe's new friend

Bondie has more boat trouble, loses an oar, lol, this wasn’t the last time.

Nothing much occurs during the day, rain rain rain. We hold up in a bivvy and wait till dinner, only venturing out during the breaks in the weather.

31st May. More rain, had a few beeps during the night, Bondie lands a lump, 42lb during the early hours. I’ll let him post pics of his fish. After breakfast we decide to take a drive to local supermarket, it’s chucking it down as usual so thought let’s not get wet.

Back from the shops, weather is starting to change, thank god, after dinner we set about sorting the rods out and baiting up. The geezer on peg 1 has been raping it whilst we were blanking, he’s catching them on maize so we get a load from Dave and spread it about. I get some mackerel and set up a rod for the kitties. 7:30pm and Bondie’s in again, not sure of the size, probably a 30+.

9pm and the cat rod goes off, Joe hit’s into to it but we soon realise it’s come off, unlucky Joe.
Lost cat

Bondie rows it back out to the same spot and we wait. The cat rod is messing about again, bleep, then nothing, hanger is up then down, but not enough to strike. Crash into the bags after our “Usual” late night hot drink and piss take and laughing.
12:40am and the Cat rod SCREAMS off, on it in a flash, well as quick I can..lol, hit into it and WOW, it’s a lump.
Misty Night

The night is very damp and mist everywhere, can’t see 20 feet from swim and I got this thing on the end on the line, reel reel reel, then it peels line off, reel reel reel and line scream off again, this is the pattern for the next 30 minutes, I’m using my 5lb tc spod rod for this and it’s bent right over. Joe’s got Bondie up by now and we all ready, except the cat isn’t. Another 15 minutes later and it’s hit the bottom, rock solid.
We didn’t know what to do in this situation keep pressure on or relax and risk losing it. Bondie and I never been in this situation before. So, we get the chairs out, make a coffee and the 3 of us sit there, me changing hands and keeping the pressure on. About 2am we decide enough is enough, put the rod back on the pod set the alarm, back in bag 15 minutes and it screams off ... fight is on again, round 2, this time it’s up in the water, mist has cleared and I can see it ...Bloody hell ....
Bondie arrives just in time as I got it next to the jetty, netted, Wooo Hooo finally.
1st thing is to get the hook out, but there is a problem, some arse has used a barbed treble size 1, with what looks like a -2 single sea hook and it’s snapped off in the cat’s mouth. We get my rig out, and have to call Dave to make him aware and ask what to do, we can get the treble out easy but the big hook is right down it’s throat and we can’t shift it. Dave says cut it free from the braid and it will pass into its gut and rot. Poor thing couldn’t swallow it as it was attached to the treble.
Cats Mouth

We struggle to get it into a sling and it hits 60lb, wow, couple of photo’s later it goes back, healthier for than when it came out. Slimed up and totally happy. What the hell does a 100+ feel like?
60lb cat

Big Gob

The cat must have been the catalyst, the new day dawns 1st June. The rain subsides and we can start to dry out, it does come back but not as much as the previous days.
Well Bondie starts reeling them in, gonna be like this for next couple of days and I’ll let him tell you of these. But needless to say I was net bitch.

During the afternoon, Bondie was rowing out some bait for us, I hate the boat and Joe isn’t too sure yet, and 1 of his rods scream off, Joe and I race to his swim and Joe hit’s into a fish, I’m amazed to see as it gets closer, pure white, it’s a Koi, a 24lb beauty. I think this was possibly the best looking fish of the week, it’s was in immaculate condition. It hadn't been out for 3 years.
24lb Koi

On his third trip to France, he finally gets a carp, and what a specimen.

James lands another lump later and Joe and I sort the boat out, we gaffer tape the oars into the oar locks, makes it much easier, we also get rid of the stupid seat and start using Joes chair, sooo much easier.
Captain Pugwash

Nothing else for us during the evening, not sure if James had any.

June 2nd 5am, finally hit into a carp, just a baby at 17lb, where’s me 30+ ??

Today was gonna be a day of days for Joe.
Both Joe and I can manage the boat a bit better now, Joe takes a rod out and I tell him to place it where he thinks, and chuck some bait around, he chooses under an overhanging bush.
Placing his Bait

Dave the owner takes him for a bit of stalking round peg 2, they see some big lumps and Joe comes back after landing 12lb and 20lb commons, pleased as punch with a huge grin on his face, finally, it’s starting to happen for him.
2 Commons

While they were gone I land an 18lb Common, still no 30
18lb Common

Joe is back at the peg for only 30 minutes and the rod he put out screams off, "Hit it Joe" I shout and bang he’s into a fish, Bondie and I step back and let him get on with it, use the clutch, reel now, etc we called.
Playing his Common

He played it beautifully, like a pro, he draws it near and Dad nets it for him .... OMG ... a common, tips the scales at 30lbs .... wow his 1st 30, slaughters my French common PB.

30lb Common

Lovely fish and all his own work, photos done he placed it back and watched it swim away, the look of satisfaction on his face was unbelievable, especially when he realised it was the rod he placed under the bush.

June 3rd, a scorcher of a day, boiling hot. By now I’m a bit cheesed off, Bondie is ripping his swim apart and I can’t get a beep, I’ve lost count how many fish he’s had now and I start wondering if I’ll ever catch, you know the scene, your blanking and your mate is reeling them in ... what the hell was I doing wrong.

I take the van to go gets some smokes, and as I go up the hill Bondie is in again, by the time I get back Joe is putting one back and Bondie still has one in a net. While playing one rod his other screamed off which Joe got. They managed to land both fish and I get back just in time to do my David Bailey impression again. Joe got a 25lb mirror and Bondage got a cracking 32lb common.
25lb Mirror

I then managed a 20lb mirror, not a pretty one and didn’t take a pic. That was it for Joe and I that day, but so pleased for him, he now had a pb mirror, pb common and a pb koi.

June 4th Last day.
Another scorcher, after breakfast Joe and I moved down to peg 10 for the day, totally shaded and a beautiful swim, I should have gone there sooner during the week but it is way further to hump the gear and real rough going because of the cows.
In fact, they came down to visit us, put the wind up Joe a bit .. :lol:

20 mins after setting up left rod screams off and snags me and snaps off. Bugger, little while later another run and it’s a little 16lb common. Plenty of fish moving but it’s oh so hot.

After dinner I use remaining pellets, maize and boilies, load up a strip 30 yards out and put four rods on it, 2 rods go to far bank of a bay.
Joe’s off stalking with Dave and another lad Dan, as they return I hit into a fish, WOOO HOOO ... finally, a 35lb Mirror.
35lb Mirror

We get the photos done and apply some ointment, then find out that Dave, Joe and Dan have landed a 44lb cat, another pb sort of for Joe.

A frantic 3 hours kicks off,

5:20am Joe hits into and lands a 38lb Mirror, another pb

6:33 I land a 34lb mirror,

7:30 Joe is wheeling some gear to the van when I land a 27lb mirror

.... MAD ... why couldn’t it have been like this from the start.

What a week, loads of rain, very hot sunshine, and in the end loads of fish. PB mirror, common, koi and cat for Joe, PB Cat for me, PB common and mirror for Bondie.

The drive home was a mare, Paris was rammed and it took ages to get through, it must have been 40 degrees and we just roasted in the van, a bloody long haul. We left the lake at 10am, arrived back at Cambridge 11:45pm. KNACKERED

Would I go back, oh yeah

Would I drive again, I think not

I would like to thank Lynn and Dave, never left the table not feeling full, Dave was as helpful as could be, supplied an alarm after one of Joe’s failed, gave us tons of maize and hemp, rain coat for Joe as he forgot his, took Joe stalking for a few days, gave Joe a float rod to snag some roach. Lynn even did Bondies laundry. Top people, top fishing.

Our final tally

Bammer
Common, 16, 17
Mirrors, 17, 21, 35, 34, 27
Catfish, 60pb

Joe
Common, 12, 20, 30pb
Mirror, 25, 38pb
Koi, 24pb
Catfish, 44pb

Bondie, omg, I’ll let him tell you ... bloody loads ... lol

To Bondie, anytime you wanna go to France fishing, Joe and I will gladly go with you, had a great time, even with the stress of driving, blanking, rain and intense heat. We had a good laugh and I’m amazed that neither of us fell in getting out of those bloody boats.

a few other shot's
The H Block Kid

Slippery Customers

30lb Common

The Only gay in the Village

Re Baiting after landing his common
[URL=http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/BHerrington/Fishing/Etang%20Du%20Soliel/?action=view¤t=JoeRebaiting.flv][/URL]

Releasing his Koi[URL=http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/BHerrington/Fishing/Etang%20Du%20Soliel/?action=view¤t=JoeKoiRelease.flv][/URL]

Bend in the Rod

Face Wash

Looking for the Perfect Spot

Lovely day

Till the next time[/size]

This is the story I posted on my own Forum

Sorry for not Translating it to italian, but if I did I would not be able to tell if it was correct

Enrico (Vr)
C.F.I. Verona

Regione: Veneto
Prov.: Verona
Città: Vigasio

758 Messaggi

Inserito il - 29/06/2010 : 14:10:09  Mostra Profilo  Rispondi Quotando
Do not worry, many of us fully understand what you write. is' still a pleasure to have you with us and I sincerely hope to read many of your posts. Beautiful photos, congratulations.
Bye!

CFI SIAMO NOI
-----------------------
Visita il nostro sito!!
www.mirrorcarpverona.it
-----------------------
Torna all'inizio della Pagina

conte
C.F.I. Silea

Regione: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Prov.: PN
Città: Pordenone

3180 Messaggi

Inserito il - 01/07/2010 : 17:55:48  Mostra Profilo Invia a conte un Messaggio Privato  Rispondi Quotando
Clap Clap Clap

Well done mate!

Ben fatto il tuo contributo è eccellente!

C.F.I. Siamo Noi

Prime di fà une gnot, tacone le femine, buse i fruts, mande in mone dos voltis i rompi coions e mole il bevi. mandi mandi

andre81.andrea
C.F.I. Prato

Regione: Toscana
Prov.: Prato
Città: santa lucia

868 Messaggi

Inserito il - 05/07/2010 : 12:12:32  Mostra Profilo Invia a andre81.andrea un Messaggio Privato  Rispondi Quotando
sorry for my english....

very compliments for the beautiful session, the very nice lake and the beautiful fish....

---------------------
CFI SIAMO NOI
andrea strafelini

Discussione Precedente Discussione Discussione Successiva  
 Nuova Discussione  Rispondi
 Versione Stampabile Bookmark this Topic Aggiungi Segnalibro
Vai a:
"CARPE DIEM" il forum degli appassionati by Carp Fishing Italia © www.carpfishingitalia.it Torna all'inizio della Pagina
Pagina generata in 4,25 secondi. TargatoNA.it | SuperDeeJay.Net | Snitz Forums 2000